Gain the skills needed to develop and understand how the various Coast Guard regulations, policy and standards interact with each other when developing or reviewing technical plans for review and submittal to the Coast Guard for for inspected vessels. This course includes best practices for overseeing complex and long term new construction projects, documentation, verification of approved plans and performance based training on the review and approval of plans at the local level.
Using instructor-led techniques, we will provide the student with the advanced competency needed to efficiently oversee the review of plans for vessels going through the certification process, undergoing repairs or when being modified. To ensure confidence in your new skills, we extend the training course with 90 days of free follow-up support on all class material.
Policy & Regulations covering Plan Review
- Project Management
- Round Table Discussion regarding Unit and MSC Plan Review
- Introduction to Structures (Wood, FRP, Aluminum and Steel)
- Machinery Systems
- Electrical Systems, Grounding & Bonding w/Practical
- Subdivision & Stability Drainage w/practical
- Fire Protection. Pre and custom engineered systems plan review w/practical