Gain the skills needed to develop and understand how the various Coast Guard regulations, policy and standards interact with each other when reviewing technical plan review submittals for inspected vessels. The course includes best practices for overseeing complex and long term projects, documentation, verification of approved plans and performance based training on the review and approval of plans at the local level.
Our program provides students with the skills and advanced competency needed to efficiently oversee the review of construction documents, drawing and other plans for small passenger vessels going through the certification process or when undergoing repairs.
Experienced Marine Inspectors with unit plan review responsibilities or individuals seeking an advanced understanding of CG regulations. This includes:
- The oversight of vessels undergoing new construction
- The review of plans for vessels seeking a certificate of inspection as a small passenger vessel
- The review of plans for existing small passenger vessels undergoing modification or repairs
- Project management of any of the above tasks
- USCG Journeyman Marine Inspector with T and K qualifications
- At least 4-years of experience conducting small passenger vessel inspections.